Friday 27 June 2014

Graphic 45 - Couture

Hi Crafters,
I haven't had much time to blog lately but I thought I would pop in quickly tonight and share a card that I made a week or two ago. It's a different style for me but I wanted to use these beautiful Graphic 45 papers that I had won in a competition.


A friend of mine was turning fifty and I thought it needed a special sort of card. I edged everything with black soot DI and matted on black card to make it stand out. The flowers are Prima and the Guipure lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts ( I've been hoarding it) Can you see the black rosette trim, it's not very clear in the photo but it is gorgeous IRL. It was the first outing for the X Cut rosette die too and I thought it made a great addition to the design. I decided to make it into an interactive card so the two tag tops you can see peeking out can be slid out from their pockets and they each have a message to the recipient on the back.
Hope you are having a good evening and not too much rain and thunder where you are. We have had two very heavy, torrential rain falls today.
See you soon,

Lorraine

6 comments:

Linda Levoir said...

WOW! Stunning card, love the colours, design, layout. Fabulous touches, really well thought out, fantastic work :) xx

Gina's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine! Love the colour combo and beautiful papers. I am sure your friend will treasure this card.
Hugs
Gina x

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful card Lorraine! Fab layout and details, love the colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Karen Schroeder said...

I just found your blog and am so glad I did! Your cards are awesome! This Graphic 45 card is fabulous! I love how you combined a the beautiful elements!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Lorraine this is awesome, wow, the detail is amazing so much to see and all of it so beautiful, the colours, lace and image are stunning
hugs
lorraine x

JenniferD said...

Wow how Gorgeous is this Stunning Layers and Lovin' the Vintage Look! Enjoy your Week!