Saturday 17 October 2015

Christmas Card Club Challenge #21 - C.A.S. Wreath

Hi Crafters,

I hope you are enjoying your Saturday morning and doing whatever makes you happy.

I'm posting my CCC card a day early as usual as I have another DT card for tomorrow. Our Karen has chosen 'CAS Wreaths' for the theme this time and I must admit I have not been looking forward to the CAS bit. I always struggle with the empty white space and can't quite leave it alone, thus ending up with a not so CAS card. But this is my entry so here goes...


Recipe
Wreath - Classic Christmas Stamp Set (magazine freebie)
DI Markers
Red Stickles
Penny Black Christmas Sentiment Stamp
Tri-boss Embossing Folder


In fact I think it turned out OK, so I made four of them...


Challenges I'd like to enter:
Creative Inspirations - Clean & Simple or Fussy & Fancy (CAS)
Addicted To CAS - #74 Sparkle (Stickles for Berries)

These are ideal for posting as they are completely flat. I think I will use this design again but in  non-traditional colours next time for a different look, what do you think?

Well that's all from me today, thanks for visiting and I hope you liked my Christmas cards.

See you soon,

Lorraine

25 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A great card - or should I say cards? Love the colourful wreath. I wasn't looking forward to it either but I went extremely CAS and I rally liked it so I will be doing it again! Hugs Christine xx

brenda said...

Like you I struggle with white space Lorraine but I think this design works so well, the subtle de-bossing in the background really lets the Christmas wreath shine through.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cas cards Lorraine, the wreath looks fab and would look good in non traditional colours too.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Lorraine. I nearly purchased this mag today, think it's the same stamp set, the one I saw also had a side embossing folder as well...it's gorgeous.x {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

cuilliesocks said...

Oh these are gorgeous Lorraine, lovely wreath design and you have manages CAS perfectly, Kate x

Rita said...

Hi Lorraine, I think I have used the same stamps as you. Your card is really stunning and I love that you have made it so colourful too. Hugs Rita xx

Jacee said...

How lovely Lorraine, these look fabulous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

coldwaters2 said...

These are totally ACE Lorraine love that wreath stamp also the embossed background a wonderful CAS style.
hugs
lorraine x

rachel said...

this is beautiful Lorraine - brilliant!!! Hugs rachel x

Carol S. said...

Fabulous card and I have this stamp.....unused!! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oooooh I like very much

dutchess said...

Turned out perfect Lorraine....no wonder you made more! Love them xxx

meg said...

Wonderful wreath it must take ages to stamp all the elements the finished result is so effective

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards Lorraine, such a beautiful wreath and wonderful embossed background - perfect CAS.
Pauline
x

Gina's Cards said...

This is a gorgeous CAS style card, you have done a great job! The wreath is beautiful and the embossed background perfect!
Hugs
Gina xx

Mrs A. said...

Well I failed at the first hurdle then cos my white space is green!!.
I love , love , love this card. So classic and I adore your white space. hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

These are perfect Lorraine...can't believe that's the same stamp I used, love what you've done. Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards love the wreath stamp and embossed background-I struggle with CAS too mine always look unfinished lol
Carol x

MaryH said...

Lorraine, this design made for a stunning set of cards, and I love the rich greens in the wreath. The gleam on the berries made them look very dimensional. I really do like the embossing on the white as well. Still very CAS for you! and you did it splendidly too. TFS & Hugs

Kat W said...

A wonderful design and definitely worth making 4 times! They have a lovely traditional feel with the red and green but the CAS design gives it a fab contemporary twist :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Erika said...

A beautiful CAS card Lorraine, love all the white embossing and then the pop of colour with the wreath, a perfect Christmas card in my eyes.

Hugs Erika. x

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

anja curvers said...

Awesome wreath love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS

Deepti said...

Gorgeous! Love those sparkling berries on the wreath :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful CAS wreath cards Lorraine. Really super. Zx