Friday 10 October 2014

Relax! It's your Birthday!

Hi Everyone,

Where has this week gone it's Friday already?
I've had my head down, crafting away for most of the week. I've had some DT work to do then I was kindly asked to do a guest DT spot - more about that in a day or two - also this month and next is the busiest time in my family for birthdays and anniversaries so I have been beavering away making cards for friends and family. Probably why the week has gone by so fast.
Here is my card for today...

It's another image from Ladybug Crafts - Slobbing Nikki - I prefer the word 'relaxing' but that's what it's called.
Recipe
Slobbing Nikki - ladybug Crafts
Promarkers
'Happy Birthday' Embossing Folder
SB scalloped Grand Circle Die
SB Grand Decorative Circle Die
Mini gems
 
Challenges
A Creative Romance - Photo Inspiration (hope this qualifies with the blues and purples)
Sister Act - #78 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - #52 Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Animals
Crafty Calender Challenge - Bingo (Sparkle, Die cuts, Blue)
Crafting From The Heart - #39 Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
 
I love these images they are so easy to colour and this one suited my friend, whose birthday it was, she likes nothing better than to curl up on the sofa in her dressing gown in the evening.
 
Hope you have a fun weekend!
 
Lorraine

23 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Oh Lorraine...I got such a chuckle out of this one! She is really relaxing isn't she...love the box of bonbons beside her too!

Great colouring and a wonderful card!

I hope I will be relaxing in my new house too. We move Jan 23 and have 3 full days to move as the lady who bought ours gets posession here on Jan 26. Gives us time to get settled and get this one cleaned for her too.

We usually blitz the unpacking and picture hanging etc as we do like to make it feel like home as fast as possible.
DH wants to get the counters changed to granite like we have here now, and I would like to have dark hardwood floors, rather than that laminate that they have at the mo. But I want to do it next year as I have lived through a reno before and it is exhausting. Just want to move in this year and get the back garden and patios done this spring!

pinky said...

She certainly is relaxed Lorraine lol, wish that was me!! You asked about my pink colours, I generally use carmine, salmon pink, cocktail pink and baby pink. Usually three of those in combination, depending if I want it mostly light or dark. Hope that helps :) Have a great weekend.

Carol said...

A super card Lorraine, love the image and fabulous design. Carol x

Lorraine said...

I wish I had chance to relax and chill out like that! A brilliant image, love the colours too.
Lorraine x

Wishcraft said...

Love the image, she's fab! Great colours and design, a lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous, fun card Lorraine love that image she is so enjoying herself, lol, love the colours and card shape.
hugs
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Great fun card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Doreen said...

Fabulous image and a great design.xxx

Ella's Design said...

Fab card, Lorraine! Love the bright colours and fun image.
I too wonder where the week has gone, I'm sure somebody steals a few days from me midweek, either that or I just don't have as many hours in a day! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Lisa x

Michelle said...

This is stunning Lorraine. You have coloured your image in beautifully and I love the round shape of the card. Michelle x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I prefer the word relaxing too. Fabulous bright colours, love this

Linda Levoir said...

What a super card, love the image, that cat looks totally relaxed too doesn't it? Great colour palette and fab design :) xx

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so cute..love the image...congrats on your winning the card of the week over on Flowers, Ribbon and pearls....

Jacee said...

Love this Lorraine, such a great image and you have coloured it perfectly, I love the shape with it too, goes really well, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Lorraine, what a fab card, this is how I like to relax!!
It's a wonderful image and beautifully coloured, great card shape too, hugs Kate x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Your card made me smile. The colours are lush too x

Tracy said...

LOL I'm with you. I like to do this as often as possible and I sure don't want to call it slobbing. hee hee I like all the fun layers. They really make your image stand out. Fun card Lorraine! Hugs!

crafty-stamper said...

love the round card and fabulous image love the relaxing cat too mind you think that's all ours do lol
Carol x

Marlies said...

You make gorgeous cards Lorraine and your colouring is fantastic. This card is lovely, such a fun image and a fab design. love it! Marlies

Gina's Cards said...

Love this Lorraine, and what a fab image! Great shape and wonderful colouring.
Hugs
Gina x

Debs said...

Fabulous card - love the shape and all the gorgeous layers. Brilliant image so perfectly coloured.
Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.fabulous image and i love your design and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Teresa said...

Love this beautiful project. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Challenges - good luck and hope to see you again xxx