Saturday 12 July 2014

Patchwork Boat

Hi Crafters,
Hope you are all well. I'm wishing for summer to return to us, the last few days have been like winter :(   We've had rain, high winds and it's been quite chilly.
On to my card for today though and as promised it's the second of the two cards that I made for my Great Nephew.....


One year old - where has that year gone?
For this card I paper pieced the sail boat using some of the many snippets of patterned paper from my ever-growing paper mountain, lol. The stamp is from Woodware and aptly named 'Patchwork Boat', so cute for a young baby card don't you think? I then layered the boat on to a circle and scalloped circle die cut, used some more patterned papers from The Mountain and cut a number '1' from my very useful MFT Die-namics 'By The Numbers' die, added a few pearls, ribbon and some faux stitching.

I'm entering these challenges:
Scribble & Scrap - #22 Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Sister Act - #65 Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - #43 Anything Goes
 
 
Tomorrow I will be here with my creation for our friendly Christmas Card Club, we make a Christmas card every fortnight to lighten the load on us in the run up to December. Hope you can join me then.
 
Bye for now,
 
Lorraine

9 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Sweet card, I love the patchwork boat with the lovely papers, Kate x

Alyx said...

Great card. Love the paper piecing and colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Alyx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wishcraft said...

Love the little boat, fab card Lorraine :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tracy said...

Awww so sweet. I love that you paper pieced the boat. All the patterns are really fun. Hugs!

debby4000 said...

Love your Patchwork boat and what a fabulous card it makes.
luv
Debby

Gina's Cards said...

Love this card and the wonderful paper piecing. Fabulous design and colours.
Hugs
Gina x

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.i love your colours and the patchwork boat is so cute ;D

xx coops xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - perfect paper piecing on this card - love the colors. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)